Pick n Mix Book Tag

I love a good book tag and Sarah @ The Book Life recently created the Pick n Mix Tag and I just had to do it. You can check out Sarah's video here



1. Fizzy Blue Bottles. They look strange, and they taste strange, but you like them. Name a book or series with a really strange plot that you couldn't help but love.

First question and I don't have an answer. I can't think of any that had a strange plot. I would like to know your answer below.

2. The Metre. It goes on forever. Name the longest book series you have read.

I love a long series and I think the longest I have read was The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris at 13 books.

3. Chocolate Raisins. No amount of chocolate can hide what's inside. Name a book with a disappointing cover but an interesting story.

This is probably a sin to say but I don't love the covers of the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness even though it is my fave series of all time. The story is definitely better than the cover.

4. Chocolate Mice. They look sweet, but they're secretly vermin. Name a book that surprised you with it's villain. (Be careful not to give spoilers!)

I don't really read a book with a lot of villains in it but some of villains in the Harry Potter series surprised me as a lot of them weren't all villain some fell into a grey area. 

5. Hard Gums. You take a bite, but almost break your teeth. Which book or series was really difficult to get into?

I found it really hard to get into The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern. I don't think I was in the right frame of mind when I first went into it but I would like to give it a try again.

6. Cola Bottles. Some are sweet, some are sour. Name two similar books, one that you loved and one that you didn't like. 

After by Anna Todd and Paper Princess by Erin Watt are quite similar however I really liked After and just felt meh about Paper Princess, I didn't totally dislike it but it just didn't live up to the hype for me.

7. Fried Eggs. Some people love them, some people hate them. Others feel quite indifferent to them. Pick a book that matches how you feel about fried eggs. 

I love a fried egg and a book I love is the Fifty Shades Trilogy by E L James and people can be indifferent to this trilogy.

8. Smarties. No matter what you do, they're everywhere. Name a trend or trope you are tired of reading.

Fairy tale retelling or retelling's in general. Please stop!

9. Gummy Bears. Name your favourite fictional creature or animal.

I could go with an obvious one from Harry Potter which of course would be Dobby but one of my recent faves is Grimalkin for the Iron Fey Series by Julie Kawaga.

10. Pick n Mix! So many sweets, so much variety. Name one/some of your favourite diverse books! 

I hate to admit this but I don't read a lot of diverse books and I know it's a big topic this year in literature. I would like some suggestions below please. One I do want to read is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.

If you want to do the Pick N Mix tag I tag you!

3 comments

  1. I decided to do the book tag as it was a bit different. Thanks for sharing!
    http://chucklesbookcave.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/pick-n-mix-book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grimalkin is probably my favorite character in those books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to read your answers! I agree about the villains in HP. Some are in the grey area and some are just pure evil! Thanks for sharing. :) ~Jess

    ReplyDelete