Top Ten: Best Books I've Read in 2016


This year I have decided to join in Top Ten of 2016 hosted by Dark Faerie Tales , Two Chicks On BooksFitktshun and Tales Of The Ravenous Reader.

Today's Topic is :

Best Books I’ve Read in 2016 (Doesn’t have to be released in 2016, just a book I've read in 2016)

2016 was an interesting reading year for me. I read a lot of adult books, did a lot of re reads, and started and finished many series. I for some strange reason don't find it hard to narrow my lists down, I know its weird. So without further ado here is the Best Books I've Read in 2016 in know particular order. 




Even though I did say in know particular order, I lied. When We Collided by Emery Lord is probably at the told of my favorite YA books read in 2016. This was my first Emery Lord book and it definitely won't be my last. 

When We Collided was just beautiful. Vivi as the protagonist was just incredible and she is a character that I still think about even though I read this book back in May, and I think this is due to Emery's fantastic writing and story telling. I highly recommend you check this book out if you haven't already. Go into it completely blind and be ready to fall in love with Vivi and her journey!




Under Rose Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall was a UK 2016 debut and I say UK as Under Rose Tainted Skies doesn't release in the US until January 2017. And I am telling ya'll in the US you are in for a treat. 

Under Rose Tainted Skies is another book that deals with mental health. A little quote from my review:

~Louise Gornall's Under Rose Tainted Skies, is a stunning book that portrays mental health in a realistic way while being stunningly beautiful in its portrayal. A book that makes you think and feel. ~




I read and fell in love with All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven back at the end of 2014 and I knew then I would need everything she releases. I was so happy to receive a proof of Holding Up The Universe her most recent release back in October 2016. I read it and loved it, definitely not as much as All The Bright Places but it was it was a brilliant story none the less. Jennifer is an author that really makes you feel for the characters and really puts you in their shoes and she definitely did it with Libby and Jack in Holding Up The Universe. 



This year I read a lot of book series and one I started and really enjoyed was the A Shade Of Vampire series by Bella Forrest. Now this is it feels like a million book's long. The first seven which I read involves the same characters and it's a vampire series that to be honest is just a guilty pleasure read that you can fly throw. I don't have a particular favorite from the series I just enjoyed the series as a whole. I highly recommend you check these out if you have kindle unlimited as the whole series is on there. 


Book Depository * Goodreads {Linked to first book in the series}

I love a good Urban Fantasy and recently I discovered JR Ward. Why haven't I read JR Ward before? I read the first 6 books in the epic adult urban fantasy vampire series and I loved it. My favorite was definitely Lover Awakened the third book in the series. Each book is a different characters story but still focusing on the overall main arc of the storyline. If you love vampires and a different take on vampires at that, with swoon worthy guys and great romantic relationships you will love JR Wards Black Daggerhood Brother Series.



I discovered LA Casey thanks to my sister and I can't thank her enough as I fell in love with her Slater Brothers series. It's a new adult series and each book focuses on a different Slater Brother and their romantic interests and each book still connects and deals with an under lining story arc. My favorite brother is definitely Kane and his story is my favorite and makes my top ten best books list. Be ready for bad boys, hot romance, strong Irish woman and just stories to fall in love with, 



Finally I fell in love with Tiffany Reisz this year again thanks to my sister. The series I read and fell in love with was both the red and white years series. Particularity the white years which was my favorite and maybe The King being my favorite of the series its so hard to choose. This is an erotica series that definitely won't suit everyone. Its definitely an erotica series that made me think a few times oh this is too much maybe I can't read this but I made it though and loved it in the end. 

I am going to stick with Seven Best Books I've Read in 2016 as on Wednesday I will be doing my top ten best adult reads and alot of them will be repeated which I don't want to do. I hope you enjoyed my top seven never the less.

What was your favorite of the year?

Other posts of interest:

ALL PHOTOS ARE  FROM MY INSTAGRAM, LINK ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF  BLOG





24 comments

  1. I've seen When We Collided at the bookstore a couple of times but I've always been a bit on the fence about it. Not sure if I should buy it or not but seeing it on your list I might actually buy it next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it :) I would advise going into it blind and fall in love it like I did :)

      Delete
  2. Ohh I've heard good things about A Shade of a Vampire series! I love vampires too so I have it on my neverending TBR. Love your book pics btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good the A Shade Of Vampire series. Each book is a quick read as well. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Both "When We Collided" and the "Shade of Vampire" series are on my TBR! Great list! And thank you for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read them :) Your welcome thanks for checking my post out.

      Delete
  4. Yikes, I got an ARC of When We Collided but never read it. *hides* I liked The Start of Me and You, but haven't been able to get into her other books. I'm glad you loved When We Collided! Fantastic list, Megan. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to check out When We Collided sometime. I really want to read more Emery Lord especially The Start Of You and me. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Oh I have got Emery Lord on my TBR (all her books haha, but I actually own The Start of You and Me), I really should get to them! And I've been hearing so many great things about Under Rose Tainted Skies! Can't wait to read it, glad you loved it! Great list, Megan!

    Here's my top ten list (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to pick more Emery Lord up especially The Start of you and me. Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  6. That's a lot of great reads you got there! Glad you read some good books for the year!

    Here’s my Top 10 Reads of 2016!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list! I read and love some of these books! I have to check out the others, though. When We Collided was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOO!!! You're right, your list is awesome!!! I've read so many of these, too! I love that you've discovered and loved BDB!!! The only "bad" thing is that you've given me two new authors to check out... what am I going to do with you??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I love my list. Which two new authors do you need to check out?

      Delete
  9. Oh God, I am so behind on new YA releases. And I adore Tiffany Reisz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am as well so I wouldn't worry LOL.Love Tiffany Reisz she's one of my new faves.

      Delete
  10. I can't wait to read Under the Rose-Tainted skies. I love the blurb and the author is amazing on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read it soon. It's fantastic :)

      Delete
  11. You have a great list and I love the photos! Under the Rose-Tainted Skies is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! P.S. I tagged you in something on my blog. https://sydneysshelves.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete